This project is creatively striving towards a new way of thinking behind future production and assembly of furniture, allowing items to be “Made here”.
1. Items are produced within the European Union
2. Items should be flat packed
3. Items are self-assembled by the customer
4. Cradle to Cradle philosophy of material used
5. Minimum human interference in production
The project currently includes two items, a bar stool and a stool, with the intention to grow and build a family of items over time.
The legs of the stools are CNC-bent with a 12 mm thread.
The seats are milled in oak with a 5-axes milling machine. The shape and design of the two parts makes the item hold together.
This is a Gustaf Wollin solo project
for the danish design MAKERS project
Photos by Kristine Funch and Emilia Therese